They are sandwich type materials made of two geotextiles filled with sodium bentonite, strengthened by needle punching. Standard products range between 3,000 and 6,000 g/mg.
– landfill liners and landfill caps;
– lining of artificial lakes, lagoons and other embanked areas;
– secondary containment around fuel storage tanks;
– lining and capping of tailings lagoons in mining industry;
– lining and repairing of hydrotechnical constructions.
– ease of construction;
– minimum air space requirements compared to traditional clay ones, as well as long term mechanical and hydraulic performance.